Mental wellbeing describes your mental state – how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life.
Our mental wellbeing is dynamic. It can fluctuate from moment to moment, day to day, month to month or year to year.
If you have good mental wellbeing you are able to:
- feel relatively confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express a range of emotions
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with the world around you
- live and work productively
- cope with the stresses of daily life
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty
Just like physical health check ups are an essential part of any self-care program, a mental wellbeing check up can help ensure that you are not overlooking any issues that might impact your mental health and your overall wellbeing.
An emotional wellbeing checkup may be especially helpful if:
- You are struggling to meet all the demands of your life and you can’t figure out why
- You are experiencing certain symptoms related to your mental health but your not sure how what to do about them
- You have tried many different things to help the way you feel but don’t see any change
- You’re feeling stuck and lost and want to know how therapy might be able to help you find a way out
- If you can’t seem to figure out what the problem is but you know that it is having an impact on your life
The current pandemic is impacting each and every one us in many different ways, and whilst you might have the skills to manage challenging situations, some of those coping strategies for looking after yourself may feel unrealistic right now. And with everything that is going on, treatment and support might be harder to access, leaving you feeling quite isolated and lost. Whilst many services are now being offered online, you might still be hesitating reaching out for professional support. To help you make the first step, i am offering a complimentary 30 minute consultation, during which we will explore the current state of your wellbeing by identifying risk factors that you should be aware of.
You will be provided with feedback on key factors affecting your mental state as well as recommendations to improve and safeguard your overall wellbeing.
If you would like to make a booking, please click here.